Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

[oxymoron]Military Intelligence[/oxymoron]

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,591 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:59 AM

I find this disturbing:

U.S. military wants to exert influence over private cyber infrastructure

The reasoning is that the military uses the internet to maintain contact with it's suppliers. Its a few steps removed from deciding that it needs to "exert influence over private cyber infrastucture" because the people who use the internet pays the military's bills.

Not to mention what will in the future will be defined as a "threat". Maybe someone doesn't like them going all around the world in wars of conquest, blogs about it and sows the seeds of distrust. Threatening activty in some minds.
To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Yurium

Yurium

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:31 PM

Again, the new world order reels its ugly face and reveals that not only the military wants to control/and or regulate the internet:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/inte...y-proposed.html

Our government is up to no good, and so is the other governments are. It is sad that I have now come to expect this kind of shady business by one of the establishments we are supposed to trust. I find it beyond disturbing...considering what this all ties into as a whole.
Βλέπε την αλήθεια! Η νέα παγκόσμια τάξη!

#3 JonM33

JonM33

• Banned
  • 503 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:57 AM

Guess what? The US Department of Defense created TCP/IP, which is the foundation and backbone of how the entire internet works. Without the US military you wouldn't even be on the web right now.

Edited by JonM33, 08 October 2010 - 10:15 AM.

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:37 AM

... and would probably be speaking German.

#5 thelittleduck

thelittleduck

• Members
  • 903 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:42 AM

... and would probably be speaking German.

Yay - I would be able to speak two languages! :thumbsup:

#6 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:47 AM

"... and would probably be speaking German."

Or Japanese. Not to quibble, but wasn't it a Japanese General who promised his Emperor that he could ride his horse up the White House steps?

And even then, you just know that Germany would not have let Japan hold the US for long without making a try for it..
That's my opinion anyway.. :thumbsup:

And anybody who's served in the military knows that "military" and "intelligence" should not be spoken in the same sentence. Like they said when I was in the Navy, "there's the right way, the wrong way and the Navy way."

edit for adding stuff..

Edited by Wildabeast, 09 October 2010 - 06:50 AM.

"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users