Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

After entering password and loging in. I get frozen.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 whatmagamehi

whatmagamehi

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 30 August 2010 - 06:15 AM

Basically itas a black screen with green pink and other lines of color blinking like a old retro game. I duno why this happened... But I tried everything to fix it. It seems to have to od something with my graphics drivers because when I uninstall the nvidia drivers I can get in the normal login way. I"m on it right now that way. But it usualy updates to gtx280 and or if i install the drivers asnd restart it happens again. It just hangs and I cant click or do anything or see anything so I gota manual shut it off and on. Go into safe mode and uninstall the drivers then I can get back in. One time it actually froze while loading into safe mode too... Heres my hijack it thingy.

When I run hijack it says "denied write access to hosts file. I'll need to edit the firle yourself"

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1135/86263545.png

doesn't create a log but theres the picture of the results

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2010 - 12:17 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

Can you please post your computer make and model number?

Have you tried entering your BIOS setup utility and check the settings related to your video graphics?

What type of video card are we talking about here? is this card intergrated into the motherboard, AGP or PCI-e?

Where did you try to download the drivers from?

I see where you say it hangs at bootup, so I realize the driver may or may not be the issue, the question is does your present BIOS support this card?

Does your PSU have enough output to successfully power up the video card?

I can not offer much help to you until I know what hardware we are working with here.

Is this a new card you have just added to this computer?

I had a computer years ago that I added a new video card to and until I flashed the BIOS to an updated version, the computer kept re-booting (cycling) when the video card was installed, that is until I updated the BIOS firmware.

I'll be watching for your reply then we'll take it from there.

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 whatmagamehi

whatmagamehi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:46 PM

evga gtx280 pink screen of death problem solved. solution RMA and get gtx 480 lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users