Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dalek

dalek

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 04 November 2005 - 11:04 AM

Hello everyone

My name is Jim and I am from Dartmouth Nova Scotia, I heard about this forum over at Tomcoyote's and a few others, so thought I would drop in, I am currently trying to learn about HJT logs over at Tomcoyote's so I can help others.

I figured why not check out some of the other forums where people help others with their PC problems, to see if I can learn something. :thumbsup:

I started learning computers, back in the days of the old Vic 20 (personal PC's) actually started the old punch cards in 75, never really followed up on them. Finally graduated to the Commodore 64 and got hooked, slowly made my way through all of the Pentium's from 286 and on as well as the programs Lotus 1.2.3 DbaseIV Paperclip, then onto the Windows families 95,98,2000 and XP.

I currently look after a Unix Server with 25 desktops (WinXP Pro's), by look after (Unix) I keep it clean, just kidding, I am logistics by trade so came into IT through the backdoor (not to be confused with Hacking), and am mostly involved in troubleshooting, I am not involved enough to be able to write scripts, although I am willing and currently learning, mostly because Unix support around here is drying up. :flowers:
Most of the troubleshooting I do is user related, they always invariably download or install something they should not have, so I go around and fix.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 04 November 2005 - 11:10 AM

Welcome to BC

Edited by acklan, 04 November 2005 - 11:11 AM.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 19 November 2005 - 01:39 AM

:thumbsup: to BC! dalek.

Good Luck,
yano