Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

.NET Framework 3 - How do I know?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 974 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:47 PM

How do I find out if .NET Framework version 3 is on my Windows XP s.p. 3 computer or not? Where do I look? Also, could this .NET Framework version 3 be installed onto a Windows 98SE machine successfully? Would it disturb anything if I try? Would I need to uninstall anything to the XP machine before installing this version 3 NET Framework if it is not already on it? I really have no understanding of .NET or .NET Framework or what it is or what it does. I found a website to a possible Excel replacement freeware program that requires this .NET Framework version 3.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bigalexe

bigalexe

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 29 August 2010 - 11:00 PM

I know this isnt exactly what you are looking for but my quickest answer is this:

Download OpenOffice Calc, it is an MS Excel replacement and it does NOT require the .NET framework.

As for checking whether or not you have it, look at your add/remove programs list and windows components. Also I am not sure if Framework 3 is compatible all the way back to 98SE.
AMD Phenom II X6 2.8ghz
8GB DDR3 RAM
XFX ATI Radeon HD6850 1 GB DDR5, 26" Widescreen HDMI
500GB + 80GB HDD
Windows 7 Pro, Mozilla Firefox, AutoCAD 2011, Solidworks 2009
1/19/2012

#3 bigalexe

bigalexe

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 29 August 2010 - 11:02 PM

Microsoft Download page
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

Microsoft ReadMe Page for .NET Framework 3
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/bb188202.aspx

No it is not compatible with 98SE, it requires Windows XP SP2 or later.
AMD Phenom II X6 2.8ghz
8GB DDR3 RAM
XFX ATI Radeon HD6850 1 GB DDR5, 26" Widescreen HDMI
500GB + 80GB HDD
Windows 7 Pro, Mozilla Firefox, AutoCAD 2011, Solidworks 2009
1/19/2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users