Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Svchost.exe" and "Explorer.exe" are infected

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 fiesta-time

fiesta-time

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 29 August 2010 - 01:33 PM

My "svchost.exe" and "explorer.exe" are infected with trojan horse Adload_r.AKC (according to AVG), AVG also came up with 149 warnings which were tracking cookies, and i deleted those... My "chrome.exe" was infected as well and after re-instillation is no longer infected (and wasn't infected until this Trojan horse threat showed up) they've infected other programs as well since they have shown up on my scans, and after a lot of work i've managed to remove all infected files except "explorer.exe" and "svchost.exe" because i can't remove those. AVG states that the "object is inaccessible" and cannot fix them, and when i open up task manager i find 8 "svchost.exe" files running which i'm pretty sure isn't normal, please help

Data from AVG:

"C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE (196)";"Trojan horse Adload_r.AKC";""
"C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE (196):\memory_001a0000";"Trojan horse Adload_r.AKC";"Object is inaccessible."

"C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe (1044)";"Trojan horse Adload_r.AKC";""
"C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe (1044):\memory_001a0000";"Trojan horse Adload_r.AKC";"Object is inaccessible."

also, i no longer have the windows xp startup disk, so that is not an option for me

and i am running windows xp professional, 32-bit (SP3) if that helps

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users