Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Am I infected?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Greg7

Greg7

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 29 August 2010 - 12:10 PM

I would like to make sure my computer is running properly and not infected with any kind of virus, key logger, etc. I am not the best with computers so all I basically know how to do is run a security scan. Does anyone mind running me through the steps to check if I am in fact infected and how to completely rid my computer of all malicious items. Now some problems that I have been having with my computer over the past few months, I have noticed that my physical memory is sitting between 44 - 50% when I only have Firefox open and my CPU Usage is only at 1%. Also, I don't know if this is a related problem but when ever I play a video game on this computer after about an hour or so the monitor goes completely black then turns back on with vertical lines going across the screen (displaying different color vertical lines each time this happens) and I am forced to manually turn off my computer.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you

Greg

Edited by Greg7, 29 August 2010 - 02:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Greg7

Greg7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:49 PM

update: Today I had two Firefox windows open and I opened a McAfee window and the vertical line problem occurred.

Might be getting worse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users