Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

unique problem with certain games

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 trig8787

trig8787

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 29 August 2010 - 11:09 AM

Can you can help me fix a problem with my PC?

I built it myself, I'm not dumb with computers but I think I have some driver conflict or something...I really have no idea, I've researched it online and haven't been able to find a solution.

I'm fairly certain it's on any game I run through STEAM...I've recently noticed it mostly on Counterstrike Source and Starcraft 2...after I get done loading into the game, through the loading screens...in SC2 I will see the game screen for about 1 second and then my monitor will go blank...like it went on standby or something. I can still hear the sound ingame and SOMETIMES the screen will come back on and everything is fine...SOMETIMES the screen will stay blank, I can still hear normal sound, but I can't do anything, like my computer froze and is just hanging there. On CSS as I'm loading into game, the first sound I hear will repeat over and over again and the same thing will happen with the monitor.

I have no idea how to fix it. It has nothing to do with my graphics card overheating, my temperatures are fine.

I've got an i7 920 overclocked to 4ghz, I've got two GTX260s in SLi, 6 gigs of RAM, and I'm on Windows 7 Pro. It only happens when I'm playing games.

CAN ANYBODY PLEASE HELP ME?!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 trig8787

trig8787
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:52 PM

Nobody has any solution huh?

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/displ...dm_timeout.mspx

is what the problem is, I'm just trying to figure out a way to get by it.

#3 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK

• Members
  • 688 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:37 PM

A lot of gamers hate Steam (including me) and avoid it like the plague.

#4 ViroDox

ViroDox

• Members
  • 154 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2011 - 07:59 PM

If you want to get out the the black window, try esc/alt + tab/alt+f4.
You can try uninstalling / reinstalling. See if you need to patch your drivers.
If all else fails, simply call steam and argue with them so they do something to help you.

#5 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:08 AM

Ditto on the driver update.

You might pull one card and try to run each card by itself in case you have a card dieing on you.

It's not like Steam is anything more than a delivery device. Thinking that somehow it by itself is screwing up your games is barking up the wrong tree.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users