Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stuttery/choppy video when in 1920x1080 on x264 mkv

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ilikesoldat

ilikesoldat

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:18 AM

I have a gt 220 graphics card with 512mb ddr3 and processor p4 800mhz bus 3.0ghz, as well as 1.5gb 400mhz ddr ram (dual channel) and I can't run full hd on x264, as well as some others...

I heard this is mainly because the gpu doesn't do anything and the processor gets all used up trying to decode the video, since you need a pretty fast processor to be able to handle x264 at 1080p.. but is there any way to switch over some work to the gpu so it is less choppy? Because right now the image often freezes for about 5 seconds before moving on and rarely is the image running smoothly, and the audio/video is off.

So how can I switch some work over to the gpu? And if I can't is there any way to pre-decode the video file so I can watch it smoothly for later? Basically what I'm saying is what is the easiest way to watch x264 1080p video without choppiness with my specs...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,862 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 04 September 2010 - 06:33 PM

Try running chkdsk /r on your system...and then defragging.

If the video files are on a different partition than C:, do the same for that partition.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users