Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Javascript Blocked

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 3and1

3and1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 AM

Posted 04 November 2005 - 01:07 AM

The system I'm trying to resurrect has many malware and possible virus infections.

Have installed XP SP2 and UDs, run MS Malicious Removal tool, Trend Housecall, Adaware and attempted to install Norton Internet Security 2006 (which stops on the first activation screen - I believe because of a javascript that won't execute).

Have enabled everything in Internet Options/Security/Internet Zone. Have turned off all Pop-up Blockers everywhere.

Very difficult to get and load cleaning software without javascripts working so the rest of the clean-up seems to be dependent upon getting javascripts to run - but I can't find what's stopping them.

Javascripted pages produce blank pages (e.g., windows update) or if the javascript is to begin with a button or link - the buttons do nothing (and Ctrl/click does nothing and if the button has a keyboard shortcut - it does nothing). No script errors are given.

Nothing in the event logs.

The process/program Name: cryptdlg
Filename: cryptdlg.exe is running constantly and can't be stopped - getting it out of there is my second priority.

Appreciate any help

Regards

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 04 November 2005 - 01:24 AM

Try one of these two antivirus programs...

AVG Free Edition Antivirus(I personally use)
Avast Home Edition Antivirus Freeware

Both are freeware but full antivirus and very good. Once installed AVG can be ran from the Safe Mode command prompt making is more effective.

The process/program Name: cryptdlg
Filename: cryptdlg.exe is running constantly and can't be stopped - getting it out of there is my second priority.

Regards

I almost forgot... Link

Edited by acklan, 04 November 2005 - 01:31 AM.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users