Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NIS 2010 Email Error

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 slweb

slweb

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:34 AM

Hi Guys,

So last week I got hit hard by a nasty rootkit, suspicious.mystic. I managed to clean it out, but in its time it managed to hook in some nasty stuff. I've gotten rid of almost everything but something is stuck in here turning this comouter into a bot. I would get constant email error popups from NIS 2010 with spam in the subject line, fake addresses in the from line and my isp in the @ field. Now it's just doing it every few hours for a few minutes, but I cant seem to clean it out. I've run antimalwarebytes, superantispyware, dr web cureit, even a norton scan for the hell of it, but I can't find anything new, nor can I find any suspicious processes in the task manager. I've delete loads of plugins and uninstalled firefox and reinstalled it again but as soon as think I've got rid of it, it'll prop up again in a few hours. I wasnt to leave a reformat and reinstall until the very last option as theres so much stuff on this computer, including programs and drivewrs I dont have to hand, that it would be nightmareish. Also, I don't want to admit defeat to the little sob. Any help would be greatley appreciated. I would attach an image of the popup but it hasn't happened for a few hours, but it's just your standard NIS email error.

Thanks in advance,

Steve.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users