Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE being redirected, computer won't hibernate

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 AhynesG1

AhynesG1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 29 August 2010 - 02:30 AM

Windows XP, SP3
I have Avast!, Malwarebytes and SUPERAntispyware as my main cleanup tools
When doing a Google search and trying to click on a link there I am being redirected.
My dad was using this netbook in another country for 5 weeks and when he got home I scanned with malwarebytes and it found about 72 threats... I quarantined those but the problem is still here.

1. I scanned with malwarebytes and when that finished I booted into safe mode and first ran ATF cleaner and then scanned with superantispyware keeping only "Close browsers before scanning", "Scan for tracking cookies" and "Terminate memory threats before quaranting" checked as I read to do that. After about 4 hours that finished and it found tracking cookies and Trojan.Agent/Gen-Nullo[Short] (There were 8 files under here). I rebooted the computer and I am still being redirected in IE.

2. When I click "Hibernate" the computer says "Preparing to Hibernate" and then it goes back to the main screen. I have no idea what is going on here.

I apologize if this post is lacking useful information for you guys, I just didn't know how to start it and I'm in need of some help. I'll will post any scan log or any other information that you need to help solve my issues if need be.
Thank you.

Update: I scanned with Hitman Pro 3.5 and it says "Possible variant of the TDL3 (alias Alureon) rootkit detected." "This device stack of the hard disk is referencing a hidden driver. This could affect the detection of malicious files."

Edited by AhynesG1, 29 August 2010 - 02:40 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users