Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Superantispyware crashed my computer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Gabbieanne

Gabbieanne

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 28 August 2010 - 11:43 PM

Earlier this week I caught a virus that attacked IE, my email and superantispyware and few other programs that I tried to open and run. I believe I have gotten rid of this virus/s by running MBAM, NOD32, Spybot, Hitman 32 & TDSSKiller.

The scan from MBAM deleted a bunch of HKEY & the scan from NOD32 found and removed a few vload.downloader trojan & vmail trojans, Spybot removed QiwangC.registryeasy, Hitman 32 removed some old Foxfire adware & TDSSKiller came up blank.

As of today, I continue to run all the programs above multiple times a day (because I am paranoid) and everything seems great except IE is still funky especially the Google redirect pages that come up but when I use Opera (on it right now) and Foxfire I do not have Google problems.

Hence the reason why I need your help... I tried to run Superantispyware twice since the virual take over of my system. The first time SASW crashed my system, I had it running only a quick scan but was away from my computer and did not see the 'blue screen' and thought it was just a restart attempt that did not complete. However, today when it crashed and a blue screen stating... encountered error - will shut down... came up and scared the ba-ge-bas out of me. I now understand this is what happened the other time I tried to run it, as well.

Again everything else is running okay from my point of view, however, this is my first computer attack and from how superantispyware is running I maybe very very very very naive in believing the virus/trojans are truly gone and that everything is okay. PLEASE HELP! Thank you so much!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users