Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Add/Remove programs will not remove files

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 josamhill

josamhill

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:31 PM

Ok this is what I did.
I already had cs3 and had numerous plugins/brushes installed.
I bought Photoshop cs5, I decide that instead of re-downloading all of my plugins/brushes etc, from cs3 I would just move them from cs3 into the cs5 folders.
This worked fine for the brushes and a few of the plugins.
However, Iím having trouble with Topaz Adjust, Simplify, DeNoise, Detail, Clean, Remask, DeJPEG.
When I open them in cs5 some of the tools and features are missing, so I tried to uninstall them with add/remove programs.
The uninstall program starts but then gives me a pop up that says ďFatal ErrorĒ
I moved the program back to the original cs3 folders, but was still unable to uninstall it.
So I re-downloaded and attempted to re-install the programs, but my computer would not complete the installation. It sees another version of the program is already installed, and recommends going to add remove programs to uninstall it first.
So then I deleted the folders from the computer. This of course did not work. (I know bad idea)
So then I used system restore, but this did not fix my problem.
So I downloaded the programs onto another computer and put them on a memory stick.
I hoped that I could choose the repair option and tell it where to find the files. This did not work either.
Any suggestions?
My computer is a Dell Latitude D520 laptop running XP Professional Edition.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fueL

fueL

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2010 - 12:15 AM

You could try a 3rd party program removal utility such as Revo Uninstaller. It will typically first try to remove it with the programs uninstaller that comes with the application, if this fails it will remove associated files/registry keys which should remove it from your add/remove programs.

#3 josamhill

josamhill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:16 AM

Thank you! Great program, it fixed my problem and helped me clean up my laptop and regain some hard drive space.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users