Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DRASTICALLY SLOW MACHINE.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lakes

Lakes

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:41 PM

I am running Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) on an Acer Aspire desktop machine that is relatively new and I take great care to try and maintain my system using CC Cleaner, Bleechbit, Defrag etc (that's automatic). I have a free version of AVG Cleaner that has never come up with anything in it's life (3 years) and always tells me everything is fine. I always have all 4 settings in my Control Panel on green. I continually update and scan with Spybot Search and Destroy and Malwarebytes. These are finding nothing whatsoever either. But I'm still convinced I have a virus. I have had experience with Trojans and such and you helped me before awhile back with these, but on this same machine.

My machine is extremely sluggish and I get things like about 10 fiefoxes opening up at once when I haven't even tried to select it, but when I do, it tells me Server not found. Not just that,It takes about 10 minutes (if I'm lucky) to boot up, and even longer to get online. The mouse gets stuck a lot and it is very often a mission to scroll until if I try to close my browser the whole screen goes white and I have to turn it off at the switch.

As I mentioned before, I have used you before and I was impressed and so I sort of know the drill. I have Hijackthis. Now must I run AVG/ Spyware S & D/ Malwarebytes (do I need Adaware as well?) scans and record the logs and also run Hijack and post the most recent results for you on this thread?

Many thanks and please, I am a Web Designer and this has been going on for a long time. Do I have some conflicting (or too much) software on my hard drive and possibly this is not even virus related? In which case I will apologize for posting in the wrong section.
:thumbsup:

Edited by Pandy, 28 August 2010 - 08:14 PM.
Moved from Malware Removal logs as there are no logs posted and the prep guide has not been followed. ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:29 PM

Hello,

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<==

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then post back here and we will provide you with further instructions.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#3 Lakes

Lakes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2010 - 03:20 AM

Hello,

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<==

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then post back here and we will provide you with further instructions.

Okay thanks, I will do that.

#4 Lakes

Lakes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2010 - 12:09 AM

You guys are absolutely great. I been reading all that stuff and it's spot on. I did all the FF stuff but that wasn't the problem. I just had too much sh*te on my machine. Problem solved (no virus) thanks again Panda. You can close this thread now if you like.

Edited by Lakes, 30 August 2010 - 12:11 AM.

#5 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:27 AM

OK Lakes I will consider this a closed matter. I will now close this topic.

If you need this topic re-opened please send me a PM.

Everyone else, please start a new topic.

With Regards,

Pandy~
Forum Moderator

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users