Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Icons not working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bedlam120

bedlam120

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 28 August 2010 - 05:54 PM

Hi, im having a problem with my windows icons. all this happen when i install a cd burner and when i restarted everything was different. MOST of my icons dont show the pictures they used to.. i cant explain how it happened? Ill put a screen shot and if anyone knows what to do I would really appreciate and answer... thanks ahead of time..

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:13 PM

You may have to rebuild the icon cache.

Click on the Start Menu orb, type cmd.exe. When cmd.exe appears, press the Enter key.
In the command prompt window, type the following, pressing Enter after each line. Explorer will be killed and restarted in the process.
taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
del /f /a /q %userprofile%\AppData\Local\IconCache.db
explorer.exe

Edited by Romeo29, 28 August 2010 - 07:17 PM.

#3 bedlam120

bedlam120
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2010 - 11:05 PM

Thanks man... Seem to have worked... cant thank you enough... with all these good deeds from you maybe the world will see world peace sooner than later.. we can only hope.. thanks again... really!

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:01 AM

You're welcome :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users