Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

aspnet login

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 farmgirl806

farmgirl806

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 AM

Posted 28 August 2010 - 05:29 PM

:thumbsup: Somehow I have now got a username and password box to log into windows 2000. It has aspnet as the user. I have never set a password and do not do programming so I want this removed. But I cannot get into the computer . It will not let me get into safe mode either. I do have a dual boot system. It is windows 2000 and windows ME. I am able to get windows ME loaded fine but not windows 2000. Can someone help me? I have check users in Me and nothing there that would suggest aspnet. I have went to uninstall Microsoft net. framework in ME but it will not let me for some reason. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:57 PM

try administrator with a blank password
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:03 PM

Asp.net is part of Net Framework.

When this opens, have you tried clicking on Enter? And if so, what is the response?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 farmgirl806

farmgirl806
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2010 - 07:19 AM

I have tried to use administrator and no password but that doesn't work. I have also tried owner.

When the computer boots it first asks for the user name and password. If I just press enter it just tells me I am using the wrong credentials and to try again. Nothing will load but this box. I have tried going into safe mode and it is the same. I sure hope someone can help. Thanks

Edited by farmgirl806, 29 August 2010 - 07:22 AM.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,489 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:56 AM

Do you have the installation CD for that computer?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 farmgirl806

farmgirl806
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:18 PM

Thanks for all the responses. I do not have the install cd. This computer does have 2 operating systems. I have windows ME and windows 2000. If I press F8 when the computer is booting I am able to pick the computer to load Windows ME.
When it loads Windows ME there is no log in box and the operating system loads. I am wondering why Windows ME is not the first to load. Can that be changed within the windows ME operating system? If I would load Windows ME does it use the same registry as windows 2000. And are the documents and pictures that are on windows 2000 be also on Windows ME? Sorry for all the dumb questions but I am just trying to figure out how I could use the computer. I would need to change the boot order if all my personal files are on windows ME as well.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,489 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:37 PM

The two operating system are completely separate from one another, they don't share any software or data.

I'm not that familiar with ME, perhaps someone else here can confirm this, but I believe you and change the default operating system in the Startup and Recovery section of System Properties.

In XP you go to Start> right click on My Computer> Properties> Advanced> Startup and Recovery> Settings. There is the option to change the default operating system there.

#8 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:46 AM

Unfortunately windows 2000's boot loader is controlling which OS is loading first. As far as the files are concerned it depends on how the drives are formatted. If the windows 2000 drives are formatted with NTFS then you will not be able to access the files from ME. If there are formatted using the FAT file system then you will be able to access them. Each operating system uses it's own copy of the registry.

Do you have any idea of the last things you were doing on the 2000 OS before the ASP problem began?
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,489 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2010 - 12:43 PM

The link below will take you to a Microsoft article which addresses this issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306559

#10 farmgirl806

farmgirl806
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:51 PM

Thanks everyone. But I am getting nowhere. I wondered if someone could tell me if I purchase a new OEM windows 2000 on ebay and reinstalled it would that cause me to loose all my documents and pictures that are on the computer. And would it allow me to start over with no login and password?

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,489 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:36 PM

If you can obtain an installation CD for your version of Windows 200, Professional or Home, you can do a repair installation which shouldn't affect your data.

The link below will take you to a web site with instructions for the repair installation.

http://www.windows2000.windowsreinstall.com/Repair/

If you purchase an OEM copy and do a fresh installation you will lose all of your data and pictures.

One other thing you can try would be to install the hard drive in another computer as a Slave Drive and see if you can access your data that way. If you can, transfer the data which you want to save to an external storage device.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users