Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't remove AVG 9.0 Free edition

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Diegno

Diegno

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:48 PM

I wasn't sure which forum to put this in.
My computer recently had a virus. Now that's been cleared up (with help from Bleepingcomputer), but I noticed something strange when running Combofix. It told me that AVG was running, and to disable it before moving forward. After being unable to stop it, I decided to remove AVG completely. But for some reason the uninstall failed near the end, a common problem judging from google search results on the topic.

So eventually I found AVGremover, a program designed to remove the stubborn program. It seemed to do it's job nicely, but Combofix still said I had AVG Real Time Scanner running. Now that the virus/malware is removed, I went to uninstall Combofix and it still says AVG is running. My Security Center in the Control Panel says I have multiple Antivirus programs. (Currently using MSE)

I've tried Avgremover twice and CCleaner.

Task Manager doesn't show anything that looks like AVG, nor does WinPatrol, except it does show an AVG Toolbar as 'Stopped'

Is there anything I can do to fully remove AVG9.0?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 29 August 2010 - 02:08 AM

Try reinstalling it and then use the uninstall application.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Diegno

Diegno
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:27 AM

Thanks dc3. Uninstalled perfectly this time. :thumbsup:

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:16 AM

Your very welcome.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users