Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyone had problems with SORBS?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ihatesorbs

ihatesorbs

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 28 August 2010 - 01:01 PM

I never heard of SORBS until I tried to send an email to a possible employer last week. I am unemployed and am just an innocent individual trying to find a job. Last week was when I learned about SORBS the hard way. I sent an email to an employer and it got kicked back by this SORBS group that said I have been identified as a spammer and am now on SORBS's blacklist. Blacklist? I never heard of this before. I don't even know how to send out spam. Now I am blocked from sending out emails to employers. I am shocked that something like this can even exist. Then I started doing research and people are saying that this SORBS will blacklist entire blocks of IP addresses and if you're caught in the middle then too bad. Well, I got caught in the middle allright. I've read that if you pay SORBS some money they will take you off their blacklist. I'm not going to pay them any money - I think that is nothing but extortion. Has anybody here had to deal with them or know anything that can be done about them? I am going to do all I can. I even wrote my senator about them - just trying to get something going. I might even talk to my attorney and see if I can sue them for defamation of character as I am not a spammer. What's worse is they are messing up my job search. Anyone know what I can do about them? Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users