Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Old Games Online

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Rogue4Twenty

Rogue4Twenty

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 03 November 2005 - 04:33 PM

HEY EVERYONE!!

Do you have any old games that you are determined to play online... and the only problem is that NO ONE CAN BE FOUND when connecting to the servers?? I hate it.. I still have not played "James Bond --> Everything or Nothing" for the PS2 online, no one has ever been online to challange.

Anyhow, I am opening this forum for us to discuss old games that no one plays online anymore.

Edited by Rogue4Twenty, 03 November 2005 - 04:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 03 November 2005 - 05:46 PM

Tribes (the original) is a dying breed online, as well as Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear.....

Classics, but there aren't many servers out there anymore...

#3 chuker1984

chuker1984

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2005 - 09:24 PM

thats cause nobody uses PS2 online, Everyone uses Xbox or PC online, cause PS2's online play sucks

#4 Rogue4Twenty

Rogue4Twenty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2005 - 09:26 PM

I hate you Charlie Murphey.... I really do...

We always argue about PS2 vs. Xbox... anyone wanna put their 2 cents in??

#5 korky122

korky122

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2005 - 09:32 AM

xbox is better simply b/c it is more powerfull and can play games better. imagine what socom would be like on the xbox or pc. never any lag for the games i played. socom just sucks. i stopped playing socom halfway through socom2 life.

#6 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2005 - 04:01 PM

xbox is better simply b/c it is more powerfull and can play games better. imagine what socom would be like on the xbox or pc. never any lag for the games i played. socom just sucks. i stopped playing socom halfway through socom2 life.

I have to disagree. I say ps2 is better because it has better games and better control (of course, these are just opinions), but i do like xbl a lot better than Ps2's online community (if you can call it that).

Sony wanted to leave the online aspect up to the developers of the games that woud be taken online. This was a massive mistake, i think, since it couldn't even begin to compare to the community enjoyed by live subscribers.

And btw: i've never gotten any lag during ANY game i've played online for ps2, including SOCOM, Fight Night, or Area 51.

#7 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2005 - 04:18 PM

I have to disagree. I say ps2 is better because it has better games and better control (of course, these are just opinions), but i do like xbl a lot better than Ps2's online community (if you can call it that).

Sony wanted to leave the online aspect up to the developers of the games that woud be taken online. This was a massive mistake, i think, since it couldn't even begin to compare to the community enjoyed by live subscribers.

And btw: i've never gotten any lag during ANY game i've played online for ps2, including SOCOM, Fight Night, or Area 51.

Hmm. They all have their ups and downs really. Of course xbox is going to have more power than ps2 since ps2 was the first of the three consoles (xbox, cube, and ps2), but I think that ps2 seems to have better games than xbox, maybe not for the best running, but in terms of game selections. I really wouldn't know what games I'd want with an xbox, apart from any ones that are multiconsole. Then, we have that controller issue with xbox, in my opinion, the origional large controllers were better than the smaller ones that were later released.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users