Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet dropping issues.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ciscoskyler

Ciscoskyler

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:13 AM

Situation: Okay hello all first time user. Now randomly my internet will drop. I lost all connection. Im wired. There is no explanation for this either. I have No virus, No malware, No rootkits, No nothing. I am clean. Now someone told me I was at my download limit or something? I have no idea what that means. and the modem still says im connected to the internet when it drops. I know it drops cause my internet wont connect to anything. or any internet based softwear. I have no idea whats going on please help its quite annoying.

System: Xp 2002. My provider is Comcast (www.comcast.net), The modem is a Motorola SB5101 SURFBoard Cable modem. I use FF (Firefox).

If you need any other info I will be glad to give it.

Edited by Ciscoskyler, 28 August 2010 - 03:14 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,896 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:05 AM

Hi :thumbsup:.

Have you checked the connections? Any onscreen error message?

When this happens to me (Surfboard 5202, Time-Warner), it's always a loose connection to either the router or the modem (I kick the connections loose, not out).

Have you checked with your ISP for problems on their end?

Louis

#3 Ciscoskyler

Ciscoskyler
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:25 PM

There are no on screen error messages. And I have checked the connections. The cable runs threw a splitter with the Tv. The Tv has it's little glitches at time but nothing major. Could it be the splitter? Cause we have has issues with them before and had to change them out. No I didn't check with ISP yet. Im pretty busy but it's the weekend and when it drop's I'll call them.

NOTE: Also sometimes when the internet drops the phone drops. Could they be related?
Posted Image

Thats what the splitter looks like. Its a CommScope Digital Tap.5-1002MHz

Edited by Ciscoskyler, 28 August 2010 - 03:30 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,896 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:34 PM

If you have digital phone, TV, and Internet (as I do)...they are all on one line. Yes, a problem with one that impacts the other...tends to not point to the system, it's something before the system gets its signal.

Louis

#5 Ciscoskyler

Ciscoskyler
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:58 PM

Well whats the fix? Calling my ISP? When it drops?

#6 BrianMill1999

BrianMill1999

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 30 August 2010 - 02:37 AM

when you drop, did you try PING? I think the problem is one your ISP...
i love this game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users