Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help me choose a desktop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Quik2832

Quik2832

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 27 August 2010 - 06:50 PM

Hey, this is my first time on these forums and I am in need of a little assistance. I managed to save up enough money from my job and I am looking to buy a nice gaming desktop for a cheap price. The games I play are not too graphic intensive (WoW, Starcraft 2, League of Legends, etc..) so I am not looking for top of the notch stuff.

I only have between $600-$800 to spend so I am looking for something cheap.

I was looking around on newegg.com and I found these two comps.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16883147087

and

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16883229181

What do you guys think? I believe they are both good enough to play the games I listed but are they worth the price tag? Which one would you guys prefer? And finally if anyone wants, would they be able to link me to something better on newegg in my price range if the two computer above don't cut it.

Due to bad experiences in the past, building my own computer is not an option so please don't recommend it.

Thanks to anyone who posts their opinions!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 madman666

madman666

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:00 PM

either of those would be ok setups so long as you leave the settings on those games pretty low. if you wanna have the settings bumped up a little bit then this might be a good option and it's not too much more expensive. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16883229168. i have a 5750 in my comp and on wow i can have all settings to the max and it plays just fine. so for only 50 dollars more you can get a good card that will play most games at decent settings. again, if playing games with all the eye candy on is not something you are worried about then either of those options you had before should suffice.

#3 Quik2832

Quik2832
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:13 PM

anychance you can recommend me one of those two computers I linked?

Edited by Quik2832, 27 August 2010 - 10:13 PM.

#4 madman666

madman666

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:26 PM

well... i'd say the cyber power. it has a better cpu, and graphics card. a little less ram but you don't need more than 4 unless you are video editing. and imo 500 gigs of hard drive space is pretty good. so yeah Cyberpower looks like the best bet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users