Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Search results for Google, Yahoo, and Bing are redirected

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ivan the Submissive.

Ivan the Submissive.

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:59 PM

Hello.

For the past several days whenever I would use google, yahoo, or bing, my search results are redirected through a website called "searchingandclick44.com" and the original search terms are then plugged into several other websites.
I'm not completely sure that this is connected to it, but at the same time this started happening I became unable to use Gmail, as my browser (Both IE and Firefox) started saying "There is a problem with this website's security certificate." The same thing would happen when I used other websites that required the use of Gmail, such as signing into Youtube.
Occasionally when using the search toolbar to the right of my address bar with google, it will state that the 302 has moved and will give me a link.

I have tried to use MalwareBytes, but it will not pick up the problem, even after updating the program.
I tried to use gmer to see if I could find anything, but that didn't work either, because whenever I open it, it says, "C:\Windows\system32\config\system: The system cannot find the file specified." And the only things that can be checked afterwards are Services, Registry, Files, and ADS.

I use Windows 7, IE 8, and Firefox 3.5.11

I'd like to thank you in advance, and I look forward to you're help.

Ivan the Submissive.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:57 AM

Try this:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...sing-tdsskiller
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users