Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

intermitant beeping no rhythm or reason

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Fresy

Fresy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:03 PM

I have just joined this and I thought i had just cured my problem as I have communicator that normally flashes sign in, i have just changed to not signed in and was quiet for a bit but beeped once, could the noice be as I had this command waiting for confirmaiton. If so shouldI just remove the commuicator from my laptop, as I dont use it.

I use Windows Vista on a Dell Inspiron 1525 with intel core 2 duo

If you have any suggestions i would appreciate them..

PS I also have AVAST so all secure and virus free

Thank u :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:01 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

If you feel you do not need the communicator, then feel free to uninstall it.

Although I must admit I am not sure what this program was intended for in the first place, I always feel that if you have a program that you do not use and it is only taking up space, it is best to just remove it.

Make sure you use the programs uninstall, as this often removes what the program created during the installation.

I hope this helps.

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users