I am at a total loss here.
My PC has suddenly gone SLOW
I have ran every anti virus and malware you can think of in safe mode.
Done a check disk
My problems are....
1. slow or hanging shut down or boot.
2. Windows Mail is very slow to respond on start up. ( hanging on signing in)
3. Internet slow. Using google chrome I get "resolving host" at bottom of page and takes a while to load
Internet Explorer just hangs and doesnt seem to want to load anything.
(no indication I have internet problem as I`m using this PC to send this)
4. Installing and Uninstalling programs takes forever and seem to hang
5. Went through the Windows 7 start up repair, but it found no problems.
6. Have Microsoft security essentials updating but the progress bar is hardly moving.
7. Microsoft Update behaving same as above.
8. If I do a Windows repair on the DVD it gives me 2 options. Online or not. If I go Online it will just hang like the options above.
9. Tried sfc /scannow and get Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.
I googled this and the service reuired is running.
10. ff to work now, but will run my scans again while I`m away.
Good one this isn`t it?
Hope someone can help.
Just tried my scans
I`ve ran virus checkers in safe mode.
Norton Internet security found nothing.
Super Anti Spyware Found nothing.
Malware found nothing.
TDSSKiller found "I:\Windows\system32\Drivers\sptd.sys - quarantined
Edited by hamluis, 27 August 2010 - 01:00 PM.
Moved from Win 7 forum to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.