Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

bad mobo/ram???

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jheboy

jheboy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:29 AM

Hello,
I have this computer for a year now. It rans smoothly and then it encounter bsod. try to reset, fan is spinning, dvd/r is ok but no bios no beep and no post and no video. already try swapping ram,power supply to other computer but still the problem stay.(i owned a small computer shop). Clean the inside of the cpu and replace the cmos battery but still the same result. yesterday i try to turn it on it takes about 30 minute to boot with beep and post. enter the post and wait another 3o minutes or so to access it. what seems the problem?? is it bad motherboard or ram???

cpu model

AMD Athlon 64x2 dual core processor

n6100 n430 onboard video
2 gb of ram
2.4ghz.

need help badly

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,607 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:37 AM

Hi jheboy, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

This sounds like it is a problem with your operating system or an infection.

Try booting into Safe Mode. If you can boot normally into it try doing a System Restore. Choose a date prior to your problem.

I don't think your problem is hardware related.

Edited by dc3, 27 August 2010 - 11:37 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:07 PM

Hello if I may offer some advice here.

First thing you should do is remove your RAM from your computer.

Clean out your RAM slots, I would recommend using a new toothbrush or something similar and run it through the RAM slots.

Check the RAM modules for oxidation where they make contact with the slots, if they appear dark colored try using a cloth to wipe the contacts.

Return the modules to their slots.

If you can enter your BIOS setup utility at boot up and choose load system defaults, save and exit the utility.

Allow windows to boot up and load again.

Let me know if this has changed anything.

Your problem seems to be memory related, it appears like your computer is using the hard drive for memory instead of the RAM modules, which is what is making your system run/load so slowly.

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users