Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bluetooth driver not working on Windows Vista v1

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nick468

nick468

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:20 AM

Hi,

I have a Nokia 2630 telephone, and I am looking to transfer some pictures between the phone and my laptop. To this end, I bought the following USB bluetooth adapter:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USB-Bluetooth-Adapte...3166216fff75a10

When I pair my telephone with my computer, everything is fine until the very last stage when it comes to installing a driver. I am prompted to insert the CD I got with the bluetooth adapter. One problem: I did not get a CD. As the e-bay listing says, it is plug and play.

I was wondering if anyone might be able to suggest where I might download a good driver from? I have heard there are issues with Windows Vista and bluetooth drivers. For the record, I have windows vista SP 1.

Nick Rabbitts

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 28 August 2010 - 12:32 AM

This device is supposed to be plug and play.

As per the specs given on that page you linked us to.

•No drivers required for installation (plug 'n' play)
•Plug 'n' play support with Windows XP(Service Pack 2 update). And Vista.

Therefore the device should not be asking for a disk.

Since I am not totally familure with this device, the only thing I could suggest is, if it is not working properly, then maybe it needs a file from your Vista disk.

Sorry I am not much help, but since I do not know the brand name of this device, it would be hard to locate a driver web site for it.

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users