Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HID Non-User Input Data Filter & Status Box

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Matt77

Matt77

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:09 AM

I am getting the
HID Non-User Input Data Filter (KB 911895) error when I start up

and also the error:

Status Box

The feature you are trying to use is on a CD ROM or other removable device and is not available
Insert the status disk and click "OK"

I am not sure if these two are related but they both start about the same time. I just got finished removing the Security Suite with the help in the infections forum.

I am running Windows XP Pro SP3 and I am using a Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse as interface devices connected through a USB port.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:36 AM

See Comments Here.

Louis

#3 Matt77

Matt77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:39 PM

I had seen that but it did not help, I have tried to reset the driver but no good. I ask the question over there anyway

I just want to get rid of the pop up.

Thanks for the link though.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:05 PM

I believe that the point was...you need to uninstall that KB...if you installed it on your system.

That KB did not apply to all users.

If you did not install the mentioned KB...I really have no clue what is going on.

Louis

#5 Matt77

Matt77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:18 PM

I did not Install the KB, and I just checked my Add/Remove programs to see if it was added automatically via windows update, and it is not there. I did just reinstall Windows due to other problems though.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:23 PM

Then I cannot explain how you manifest an error message that relates to a specific KB with a noncritical, specific fix for a problem you didn't/don't have.

Just for the record, when did you reinstall XP and what was the method? Did you do a clean install? What media?

Louis

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:37 PM

May I suggest...that you let these seemingly minor ticks...go...and that you complete your session with Boopme in Am I Infected? More time can be spent trying to solve these mysteries...upon completion of your thread there.

Louis

#8 Matt77

Matt77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:57 PM

I reinstalled Windows last weekend. It was not a clean install, i.e. I did not wipe the hard drive, but rather reinstalled it over the old version. I think you are correct, I should finish up on the other problem and maybe this will be solved in the process.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users