Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer wont turn on

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 aliboy66

aliboy66

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:55 AM

Hi i notices some dust on my computer so i inplugged the computer i hovered around it pluged it back on press the power button but it wont switch on. The computer screen turns on but not the computer. Behind the computer there is no lights in the computer case i dont know what to do. My os is windows xp home

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:00 AM

Hi :thumbsup:.

<<...so i inplugged the computer i hovered around it...>>

You need to be more explicit, please. Why did you unplug the system? What did you do after unplugging it?

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:20 AM

I read through your pots till I found a reference to your owning a laptop which you seldom use, and a desktop. For the moment I'm going to assume that you are referring to the desktop.

When you unplugged it, how did you do this? Did you unplug it from the wall, or from the back of the computer?
If you unplugged the computer from the rear of the case you may have accidentally turned of the power switch on the power supply where the power cord plugs in. Make sure that it is in the ON position. Also look to see if the voltage is still set at 230V.

You mentioned that you "hovered" around it, I'm guessing that you used a vacuum cleaner to clean the inside of the case? Did you keep the nozzle of the vacuum cleaner from touching any of the components inside the case?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 aliboy66

aliboy66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:11 PM

Hi just got back from me holidays that's why I'm late in my reply .Before i left i unplugged the computer and hoovered round it when i plugged it back on nothing happened no power? left it went away.Now I,am back turn the computer on and now its working again! so sorry to have bothered you don't know what happened must have knocked something ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users