Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I install 60 GB SSD in Windows 7?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:21 PM

Where can I find detailed instructions on how to use a SSD for my Windows 7 boot drive and redirect everything possible to a second HDD?

Edit: Moved topic from Win 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DonnieG

DonnieG

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:47 PM

Personally I don't know how but a handy web site to check on is "How-To Geek". Oodles of good info there and well written. Hope it helps.

#3 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:56 AM

Thanks, DonnieG. I've seen theirs and also been to 'OverclockersUK' and a handful of others since yesterday. I've got a real bad feeling that I might be in over my head on this one, all of a sudden. I was even pondering cancelling my order and returning the SSD. But, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I have a feeling I'll be spending a lot of time on my laptop reading, modifying, failing, and starting over again. I'll keep my current drives in a safe place and re-install them if I get too frustrated, then try again another day. When you read a post on Microsoft Answers Forum, they make it sound SO-O-o easy with incredible performance increases. I guess I'll just have to find out for myself.

#4 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:38 PM

This is the way its done!!!

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/howtos/ho...dia_storage_ssd

This method was so easy I almost cried because I hadn't done it sooner. My new WEI Disk Transfer rate is 7.5!!!

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,276 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 02 September 2010 - 04:00 PM

There you go! FDR once stated that there isn't anything to fear, but fear itself. There's some truth in that. Don't be intimidated, but be knowledgeable about what you pursue.

Congrats. :thumbsup:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users