Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Urgent help: Seek.ind.in problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Prinny

Prinny

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:59 PM

My cousin and his girlfriend recently arrived form California to visit. My brother and me being the tech smart ones in the family was pointed to try and fix the laptop that has been heavily infected. So far I've gotten rid of a huge chunk of the trojans, viruses.

The Security Suite was a major problem, it left vista crippled even when getting rid of it. My only choice to fix it was to upgrade to windows 7 which solved the internet issue it caused. Now it's something bigger. The internet explorer seems to have a really bad Browser Hijacker which directs google searches to Seek.Ind.In. I read that I should use something called combo fix (obviously, since i read the guide and what not.).

I'm pretty tech smart, but I want to be sure on how to do this. (I don't exactly want to end in a reformat where I lose all of my cousins school work.)

Should I run Combo fix (which will clean the problem) and post the log here only? and that's it? I really need to fix this before my cousin and his girlfriends flight leaves back to california. I've got a good 3 or 4 hours till then

Edited by Prinny, 26 August 2010 - 06:03 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Prinny

Prinny
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:25 AM

Fixed it already. You can close this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users