Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SL500 CRASHED, CANNOT BOOT VISTA

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 William Yin

William Yin

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:47 PM

Hello peoples,
I just installed an iMicro Bluetooth Adapter onto my computer, and then I felt like restarting my computer. When I turned it on, it was loading liek regular until right after the Vista loading screen, when the Blue Screen of Death (a blue screen with an error message on it) flashed for about 1/2 a second and then restarted my computer. Then it asked me if I wanted to load Startup Repair or just Start WIndows Normally, and I chose Start WIndows Normally, but the same thing happened, so when the computer restarted again, i chose Startup repair. It said if I inserted an external device into my computer, for me to remove it. But I didn't have any external devices in my computer at the time! I already took out the iMicro Adapter! So when my comptuer restarted again, I pressed the Lenovo Care button, and loaded up Lenovo Rescue and Recovery 4. (That's where I am now, typing away in the Opera browser.) I tried to find help, but couldn't find anythign useful so far. I installed many drivers, updates, fixes, etc. But none did anything to remove the Blue Screen of Death. Right now, after 7 hours, I really frustrated, and this is my last hope! (I don't want to rescue my hard drive and then reinstall, because I have over 250 paid applications and over 270 free programs on my computer! Plus, over 350 iPad apps, a few of which are paid! Oh, and 700 iBooks!)
Please help! I'm really desperate right now, and any help would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
:huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 William Yin

William Yin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:48 PM

Oh, and my computer is a Lenovo SL500, if you're confused. I run Windows Vista Home Basic. Thanks again in advance!

#3 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:05 PM

I'm confused here.
I was under impression, that your computer is not bootable at all and then you say:

I installed many drivers, updates, fixes, etc. But none did anything to remove the Blue Screen of Death.

How?

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#4 William Yin

William Yin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:11 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot to say this. I have a Lenovo computer, so it has like an operating system of its own, called Rescue and Recovery 4. It comes with Windows Installer and the Opera internet browser, but there's no file manager.

#5 William Yin

William Yin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2010 - 04:21 PM

Harro?

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2010 - 04:37 PM

I still don't understand what you did.
Did you reset your computer to factory settings?

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#7 William Yin

William Yin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:10 PM

What I mean is, on Lenovo computers, on startup, you can press a button on the side of your computer, and it will load up this hidden "operating system" (it works without Windows) called Rescue and Recovery 4. It comes with an internet browser called Opera. You just have to connect an ethernet cable to the computer and you can access the computer just like that!

Here's the error message:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is teh first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives on hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is proeprly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

***STOP: 0x0000007B (0x80599BB0, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Now do you understand?

Sorry if I sound rude, I'm just super frustrated because I already had many homework assignment requiring the computer, and I had to use my other really ancient Windows XP computer to do it! I also posted this on 3 other forums, but so far none of them have given a helpful answer. :huh: Thanks, Broni, for replying, though. Please continue to help! :huh:

#8 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:16 PM

I see now. I wasn't aware of that Lenovo feature.

Did you try "Last Know Good Configuration"?

My Website

#9 William Yin

William Yin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2010 - 11:46 AM

I tried every option on the Advanced Boot Options list including Last Good Known Configuration, but all led to the blue screen of death.

#10 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2010 - 12:10 PM

According to this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff...28VS.85%29.aspx, regarding your error...

1. Download and install updates and device drivers for your computer from Windows Update.
2. Scan your computer for computer viruses.
3. Check your hard disk for errors.

Run hard drive diagnostics: http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287 (or http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...ive+diagnostic)
Make sure, you select tool, which is appropriate for the brand of your hard drive.
Depending on the program, it'll create bootable floppy, or bootable CD.
If downloaded file is of .iso type, use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/ to burn .iso file to a CD (select "Write image file to disc" option), and make the CD bootable.
For Toshiba hard drives, see here: http://sdd.toshiba.com/main.aspx?Path=Serv...ties#diagnostic

My Website

#11 William Yin

William Yin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:09 PM

Hi, thanks for the informative reply. I tried everything you said, but it doesn't work. I also wento the the Hitachi and IBM websites, but I don't think those gave me much information either. I also called technical support for Lenovo and Microsoft, but none of those worked, either. Thanks!

#12 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:09 PM

If you have Hitachi drive, did you actually run drive test?

My Website

#13 William Yin

William Yin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2010 - 01:32 PM

I rant he drive test, but it said it was perfect!

#14 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2010 - 01:39 PM

If you have Vista DVD...

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88236-re...tall-vista.html

If you don't have Vista DVD...

1. Create Vista Recovery Disc.

Option 1:
http://www.c4consulting.com.au/soluctions/...0SOLUCTIONS.htm

Option 2:
Download Vista Recovery Disc iso image: http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vist...-disc-download/
Burn it to CD, or DVD: http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/G/Burning...+to+a+CD+or+DVD

2. Boot from created disk.
At first screen click on Repair your computer:
Posted Image
This will bring you to a new screen where the repair process will look for all Windows Vista installations on your computer. When done you will be presented with the System Recovery Options dialog box:
Posted Image
After this, it will present you with a list of options including startup repair, system restore and command prompt:
Posted Image
Try System Restore, first.
If that doesn't work, try Startup Repair.

My Website

#15 William Yin

William Yin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:23 PM

None of these worked. Good answer, though! The only problem is, I've heard this same answer on every question forum I posted on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users