Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Does This Sound Like to you?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Balka

Balka

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 26 August 2010 - 04:21 PM

Hello, thank you for reading this. The reason I post is because I myself am not very knowledgeable with computers but i have ran into somewhat of a predicament.. Recently my computer has started running into a wall of problems and i seek help to identify what exactly the problem is (and if i can fix it.). Here are some of the problems i have been having:

1. Windows is forcing me to Terminate critical processes. I.E. "This program (Explorer.exe, Svchost.exe, winlogon.exe, lsass.exe, ect.) has encountered encountered an error and must be terminated, or something along those lines. It gives me: (Terminate) (Debug). Whenever i press one of these then either i get a blue screen and my computer automatically restarts or i get another dialog box telling me that the computer must restart with a time window.

2. Blue Screens. Whenever i run or open an application(Almost Any..) there is a very high propability that i get a blue screen and automatic restart. If not then the application initiates, last a random ammount of time from 1 second to 5 minutes and then encountered a critical error and must close. Sometimes i even get a blue screen without running anything.

3. I hear my computer beep randomly while it is functioning. Additionally, whenever a pop-up message appears it will beep in the same manner.

4. The steps above are very rare actually considering that it is very unlikely i am even able to access my log on page.. Whenever i power on my computer it runs the startup but when i get to the logon it either tells me that i must terminate "Winlogon.exe" in which case my cpu restarts or freezes, or i get a blue screen immedietly and it automatically restarts. Occasionally the computer automatically runs a diskcheck on startup which returns little or no errors.

5. If i do manage to logon then i am greeted by: "One of the files containing the system Registry data had to be recovered by use of a log or alternate copy. The recovery was 'successful'. ", i still have the same problems.

6. the folder called "Common" randomly pops up, although it appears as a transparent box, and when it does so every proccess running seems to freeze and im forced to restart

7. When i am logged on i am unable to join my internet network at all nor can i let windows automatically configure it.

8. Windows installer continuously pops up, i cant close it and it never installs anything.

9. Some computer tools like "Search" do nothing when clicked.

The blue screen messages are far to quick to read (Lasting a mere second) but they aren't very long.
I have tried to do a virus scan with windows malicious software removal tool but it crashed a quater-way through. Addionally, i have tried to perform a system restore (Bring computer to a previous date) with equal success. I also ran a program called "Cpuid" CPU-Z" and it said correctly identified my hardware. When i tried to run it in safe mode my computer was PAINFULLY slow. but functionnable. I tried to run a system restore in safe mode and it had filled the bar and was almost done when i got an error message forcing me to terminate "svchost.exe". I went into setup(f12) but i found nothing of use to my understanding.

Here are some of the Error messages ive been seeing:

"The instruction of '0x0110feb6' refered memory at '0x80084004' the memort could not be written.

These problems seemed to happen spontaneouslly after i turned off my computer once (it was fine) and the next day to my horror i boot to this. Recently i updated my BIOS, i have no idea if that could possibly be a factor..?

Pardon my lack of knowledge, if you have any idea then please reply, if you require more information then if you could tell my what you need (and possibly how i would find that) ill give it to you.

Thanks for you time and help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 01 September 2010 - 02:06 AM

What operating system do you have?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users