Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black Screen after run in with Antimalware Doctor

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 climbingpanda

climbingpanda

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 AM

Posted 26 August 2010 - 04:05 PM

I had the joy of my other-half managing to infect my netbook with antimalware doctor and spent HOURS getting it off today. I decided to change from AVAST to Panda Cloud to improve the antivirus as a result.

I undertook a full scan of the netbook and it told me that there were four viruses that couldn't be neutralised without a restart, so when the scan finished I clicked on the restart button...

All fine,get back to the log in screen, password is accepted - trundle, trundle trundle. Black screen. Nothing. Ctrl+Alt+Del will bring up the task manager. On a black screen.

I tried doing a restore, loaded panda again and the same thing has happened. Not really keen on doing that again.

Is this a problem with Panda or is it that there is some part of the bloody AMWD floating around on my computer still causing me grief? antimalwarebytes gave it a clean bill of health, as did Defender and Spyware Doctor

Am getting stressy now (contains school work that I need to access before I go back) as I've been at this for almost twelve hours what with trying to trick AMWD into letting me run RKill to get it out of there!

Climbingpanda

(Wishes that she WAS climbing and not trying to sort out this horrendous mess)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users