Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Constantly Redirected and pop-ups!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kitti08

Kitti08

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:26 PM

So, it seems I am hit with the redirect virus; much fun.
My problem is, I've tried spy-bot, avg, anti-malware, microsoft security, nortons, and a few more programs, none fixing this issue.

My System Properties are:
Windows Vista Home Basic
Service Pack 2
32-bit operating system
Intel ® Celeron ® cpu 900 @ 2.20GHZ 2.19 GHZ
Toshiba Model: Satellite L355

I'm really getting tired of being redirected to multiple sites any time I get online. I've downloaded even firefox to see if it would be different in another browser; no luck.
It redirects me from any search engine, and occasionally from some sites period.

My laptop comes with a out-of-box wipe state that I've also tried to use, losing all my personal information, and still having the same issues!

Is there any more programs I can use before I just go out and by a new windows and completely reformat?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kitti08

Kitti08
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:03 PM

Does anyone have any suggestions?

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 01 September 2010 - 02:12 AM

Try this:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...sing-tdsskiller
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users