Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cleaning up this PC.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mcguireracing70

Mcguireracing70

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:59 AM

Hi, Let me start by saying that I don't believe this PC has a bunch of viruses but I could be wrong. I was wondering if there is someone who could walk me through cleaning up this thing. I only want what is needed to run windows left on here. It is so slow and there are so many things running on start up that I just don't know where to start. I would like to clear it out without reformatting (if possible) Thanks for any help given.. you guys (and gals) ROCK!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:16 AM

If you go to Start and then click on Run and enter msconfig and then OK a page will open where there are options for stopping application running in the startup. If you click on the tab Startup at the top of the page it will open and show a list of all of the applications running at startup.

Edited by dc3, 26 August 2010 - 10:17 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users