I am at a total loss here.
My PC has suddenly gone SLOW
I have ran every anti virus and malware you can think of in safe mode.
Done a check disk
My problems are....
1. slow or hanging shut down or boot.
2. Windows Mail is very slow to respond on start up. ( hanging on signing in)
3. Internet slow. Using google chrome I get "resolving host" at bottom of page and takes a while to load
Internet Explorer just hangs and doesnt seem to want to load anything.
(no indication I have internet problem as I`m using this PC to send this)
4. Installing and Uninstalling programs takes forever and seem to hang
5. Went through the Windows 7 start up repair, but it found no problems.
6. Have Microsoft security essentials updating but the progress bar is hardly moving.
7. Microsoft Update behaving same as above.
8. If I do a Windows repair on the DVD it gives me 2 options. Online or not. If I go Online it will just hang like the options above.
9. Tried sfc /scannow and get Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.
I googled this and the service reuired is running.
10. ff to work now, but will run my scans again while I`m away.
Good one this isn`t it?
Hope someone can help.
As I tried to send this, I just got an exclamation mark on my network centre at bottom right of screen.
Says cant identify active network and IPv4 connectivity No internet access, but can still send this.?????
Edited by Eddie123, 26 August 2010 - 05:39 AM.