Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New conference wants to bring malware writers out of the shadows

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KarstenHansen

KarstenHansen

The Dane

• Members
  • 1,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:54 AM

Malcon, a new hacking conference planned for Mumbai, India, argues that the security community can benefit from what malware authors have to teach. Not everyone is convinced.

threatpost

What a read, awesome info, enjoy
Karsten

PS. Personally, I would never trust a person I knew did malware!!! INSANE.

Edited by KarstenHansen, 26 August 2010 - 02:55 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:29 AM

There is better ways of taking care of hackers. Having tea and crumpets with them isn't one I would suggest unless there is a plan (:thumbsup: Plan (:flowers: includes a lot of rope and loaded clips. That would surly slow down the hackers. Money is there incentive and plan (:trumpet: is a anti incentive. If one wants to pick the brains of a few great hackers; do it while there in a prison cell and the rest go to plan (:inlove:

Edited by Layback Bear, 26 August 2010 - 06:32 AM.

#3 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 28 August 2010 - 12:30 AM

I somewhat agree with that. But in all honesty, what's the difference between Malcon and DEFCON? They both seem to advocate for this stuff. But it is highly unlikely that folks will be arrested at the event. For if any malware authors were reading that blog just now, they'd not attend knowing that they'd be arrested afterward. What's the point?

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users