Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Constant check of Drive C

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Wen51294

Wen51294

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 AM

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:37 PM

So recently one morning i turned on my computer and it was fine looked normal up until it said Checking Drive C for Consistency and i googled it and found out that this happens when you turn of your computer just by pressing down on the on button and thats exactly what i did the night before . so i know that caused that to happen but i also read that after it does that once it shoudnt do it the next time you turn on your computer but anyways i just let it check and it logged on normally so i thought everything was fine, then the next morning i turned on my computer it did the same thing but this time when i turned on the computer the first start up screen which is a blue HP screen had all these multi colored lines going horizontally and its weird. so i turned it off cause i have no idea what just happen but it happen again but to the other screens so after 3 or 4 times i finally stopped doig that then it started checking the drive C again and so i was confused cause i thought it wasntt suppose to do that anymore , so i skipped it but anytime i do that the computer will start up and go to my account and then just crash . ALso sometimes when its checking the Drive itll just turn into a blank screen with blue pixels going across the screen. Also sometimes when i turn it back on after turning it off because of something going wrong itll say that i should put in this CD so the computer can fix the problems and i dont have it so i just try starting it up normally.

I download Sims 3 and was previously playing it before turning it off the incorrect way and during the check up for DRIVE C itll mention something about sims and having to delete it or whatever and im gonna try deleteing sims to see if that will help because when it crashes the blue error screen wil say a softwarre or hardware might not have been installed carefully

But my problem is how do i get rid of that color thing happening during the start up and the checking the drive C too . im so confused and i dont know much about computers so can u keep it simple so i can understand!:C
Thanks !!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wen51294

Wen51294
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:40 PM

OOh i forgot that i have a Hp Desktop windows vista
Also after finally gettig on to my account itll work perfectly fine until the next time i turn it back on

Edited by Wen51294, 25 August 2010 - 08:42 PM.

#3 Wen51294

Wen51294
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:37 AM

I tried starting up the computer again and this time it just starts up and goes to the blue error screen

#4 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:35 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

The problem with your computer is you have corrupted some files.

This happens when you shut your computer down the wrong way, the files are removed form the hard drive and become stored in your RAM, RAM is a temporary storage that loses the information it has stored once the computer is shut down improperly.
Normally when the computer is shut down correctly, these files are safely sent back to the hard drive where they are stored permanently.

When a computer is shut down incorrectly, the files that are actively stored in RAM are lost for ever.

When enough files are lost that are needed for the computer to operate normally, it starts running a check disk utility in an attempt to recover the lost files.

Sometimes this is possible and sometimes it requires a little bit more help to accomplish this task.

If you can get your computer to start up and choose command prompt, you can run the system file checker utility, which scans and repairs corrupted files.

To do this, boot up your computer and press the F8 key at the windows splash screen, choose load windows with command prompt.

At the command prompt, type the following bold text. SFC /SCANNOW Please notice there is a space between the SFC and the forward slash /

This should scan your OS files for corruption and attempt to fix the errors.

I realize you said you do not have an OS disk, using any Vista install disk from a friend should work if a Vista OS disk is needed.

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#5 Wen51294

Wen51294
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:42 PM

Umm i havent done that yet but i will get to it. but i went to the device manager and in the network adapters section is says that Microsoft ISATAP Adapter # 2 and Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter # 2 is not working correctly so i was wondering if that had to do with anything?

#6 Wen51294

Wen51294
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:52 PM

Also can i do that without getting into safe mode becuase i can log on my account , but idk if its cause i updated my computer . but i want to check the files anywayy , so how can i get into comand prompt from my normal account? and when it went to the blue error screeen it had this 0x0000000A(0x00000002,0x0000001B,0x00000001,0x824B96E5)

Edited by Wen51294, 26 August 2010 - 05:57 PM.

#7 Wen51294

Wen51294
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:25 AM

okay so i turned on my compuer again today but this time it has this error 0x00000119
Everytime i seem to turn on my computer itll always crash and will have a different error code

Edited by Wen51294, 27 August 2010 - 10:59 AM.

#8 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:21 PM

Here is how you can get to command prompt from with-in windows.

Click the START button.

In the empty search field type CMD

You should see cmd.exe in the list.

Right click it and choose Run as administrator.

When the CMD window appears, where the cursor blinks, type the following bold text.

SFC /SCANNOW Please notice there is a space between the SFC and the forward slash, you must have that space in the text.

After you type that text, hit the enter key and allow it to check your system for corrupted system files and repair those that it finds.

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users