Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 - Language change

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tungsten34

Tungsten34

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:25 PM

I recently purchased a desktop computer with Windows 7 64 bit operating system in Spanish. I noticed that unless you have the Ultimate version, there is a steep fee to purchase the language packs. So I used a program called 'Vistalizator.' Worked like a charm and was quite simple to install and of course it is free, unless you want to give a donation.

Anyway, several months later Windows was doing its updates and it must have picked up on the fact that I have modified the program. So now I keep getting a window flash up from Microsoft stating that I am not using genuine Windows operating system.

This is the only thing that I've modified, so is there a program out there that I can run to verify this is actually the problem?

Aside from that, is there anything I can do, aside from re-installing Windows from scratch?

:huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AustinTerry

AustinTerry

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:31 PM

Maybe contact Windows Customer Service and explain. Once you give them all your license info, they are usually pretty helpful.
But then again, if it is an OEM license, they may just refer you to the manufacturer.

But it still might be worth a shot.

#3 Tungsten34

Tungsten34
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:33 AM

Thanks for your help...Microsoft referred me to the manufacturer since the system came with this operating system built in. I approached HP, but they just said that that I have to buy the language patch.

The language patch is a lot more expensive than buying the whole operating system in English!

I guess Microsoft are getting a lot clever with detecting counterfeit software.

If you have any other ideas, please let me know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users