Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Marquee Behaviour Of Html Code

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ahmedlibrian

ahmedlibrian

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 02 November 2005 - 09:55 PM

Hello friends!
Friends i have made an html website. I apply a marquee text that move up from down. The problem is that i want to stop the moving text "applied marquee" on "mouse over" and moves it again on "mose down". How can i do this. If it is not applied on marquee then how can i do this you can write a code for me.

I am waiting for your reply and praying for this forum to proceed ahead ......... Well done guys and good effort ........

Ahmed Hassan !

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 chiefmasterjedi

chiefmasterjedi

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 07 November 2005 - 10:12 AM

here you go, this will make the marquee stop on mouse over and begin again on mouse out
<marquee id="test" behavior="scroll" direction="up" height="200" scrolldelay="100" scrollamount="2" onMouseOver="document.all.test.stop()" onMouseOut="document.all.test.start()">

This is my test

</marquee>

Here is what the above code will look like test marquee

Note: If you change the marquee id="test" statement, then you will have to change the mouse over and mouse out statements to match (IE: onmouseover="document.all.test.stop()"

For mouse down include this line within <marquee>
onMouseDown="document.all.test.start()"
OR
onMouseOut="document.all.test.stop()"

I hope this helps,
Chief.

P.S. this is really basic and the text will stop if your mouse enters the marquee area. You will need to refine your code to give the impression that it is the text that your stopping............like make the marquee width smaller, or better still turn the text that is scrolling into a link and add the mouse over and mouse out statements within the link attributes.
Here is an example
<marquee id="test" behavior="scroll" direction="up" height="200" scrolldelay="100" scrollamount="2">

<a href="index.html" onMouseOver="document.all.test.stop()" onMouseOut="document.all.test.start()">This is my test</a>

</marquee>
This will stop only the text and looks like this Test #2 marquee

Edited by chiefmasterjedi, 07 November 2005 - 10:31 AM.

#3 ahmedlibrian

ahmedlibrian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 08 November 2005 - 09:27 PM

Hell mater!
This is the code that i was looking for. I am really grateful to you for your such a help. Thankyou very much once again. Listen soon from your side ........ Bye

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users