Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Comp Keeps Talking To Me

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 marinochick

marinochick

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:58 PM

Okay, so I am hearing these voices on my comp IE Congratulations you have won and so on. Then a major pop-up will come and go to a games page or another page. I have ran malawaresbytes and it got rid of one trojan but it came back again or couldn't find the other. So what do I do. I have no clue how to fix this. I use AVG and to me it isn't worth the money I paid for it.

Edited by hamluis, 25 August 2010 - 04:07 PM.
Moved from XP forum to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Synetech

Synetech

• Members
  • 149 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:19 PM

Does this happen on a particular website? If you ran anti-malware tools and came up clean, then what is likely happening is that the site you are experiencing this on is displaying Flash ads that have audio and junk. If you cannot see the specific browser window that has the ad, then it is probably using tricks to hide it. These kinds of ads are particularly hated, but unless it is causing actual damage or problems (is merely being annoying), it won’t be detected as “malware”.

What you can do in that situation is to use some sort of ad-blocker. There are many ways to block ads, but one of the simplest is to get either an ad-blocking or Flash-blocking extension for your browser (which of course depends on what browser you are using).
****** *** ****** * ****; * ***** **** ** *** **** ******* *** ****** ************ ****.

-- Synetech

#3 marinochick

marinochick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2010 - 02:53 AM

I ended up having to format my comp. I install the IE8 and now my hour glass keeps popping up as if there is something running in the background and I can't find what it is.

Edited by marinochick, 28 August 2010 - 02:54 AM.

#4 marinochick

marinochick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:13 AM

Well I uninstalled IE8 and installed 7 again and the problem went away. I suspected it might be 8 because when I used Mozilla it didn't happen. So IE 8 is a POS (IMO) and I fear in the future we'll be forced to use it. Thanks for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users