Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to compile large amounts of .jpg type picturs into one viewable file?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jonnybravo9

jonnybravo9

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 AM

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:21 PM

I have a bunch of screenshots from some software testing that I need to compile into a more functional format for archiving. I want one fille for each test, each of which has 20 to 100 screeshots.
These are Ctrl + Prt Scr then paste into MS paint screenshots, each shot saved as an individual .jpg file.
So I need a way to compile the screenshots into one file that can be viewed in various basic viewing softwares that displays all the screenshots from one test in one window.
I may just wind up having to save a folder containing all the .jpg files, but if there is a way to get a significantly smaller file size that would be better.
I think this could be done in adobe acrobat?
If any lightbulbs click on out there, I would greatly appreciate some input!
Thanks,
JB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,378 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 27 August 2010 - 06:38 AM

Irfanview will let you create one single Panorama image, with all your pictures in a continuous horizontal
or vertical format. You have to try both methods, to see which one gives you the best result.

Sometimes, the horizontal view will show very small images, whereas the vertical view will be acceptable
and vice versa.

You may find that the single file size is greater than the sum total of all your JPGs.

Edited by petewills , 27 August 2010 - 06:51 AM.

#3 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,469 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2010 - 07:35 PM

Hey jonnybravo9,

If the Irfanview does not do what you want I would suggest making Adobe .pdf files.

You can create a doc along with text about each picture.

This can be saved and/or e-mailed

The last one I did was 127 pics and I used 7-zip to compress and then I e-mailed it.

In order to create a pdf you need a program that can do that. Like Adobe or Open Office

I use Open Office, (open source or freeware) in a normal text document I type away and insert pictures as needed.

Once I am done I save it then I use a feature included with Open Office and export to pdf.

EDIT
To resize individual or mass quanity pics I use Fast Stone Photo Resizer. (also open source) Also can add watermarks, borders...

Edited by Martel, 29 August 2010 - 07:41 PM.

#4 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,378 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:20 AM

Hey Martel

Useful suggestion - it's got to be better than scrolling through one single file in Irfanview.

I'll add your comments to my knowledge base!

jonnybravo9 did think of Adobe, but you have mentioned a good freeware source.

#5 strolln

strolln

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:44 AM

You could use Windows Movie Maker to create a video that would display the screens in a slideshow fashion...
To Err is human; to really foul things up requires a Bleeping Computer!

#6 jonnybravo9

jonnybravo9
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:31 AM

Hey guys,
Thanks for the advice. Adobe was definitaly the best solution since it's for records and not a presentation or anything.
Thanks for the input!

#7 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,469 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2010 - 07:25 PM

Hey Posted Image

Holler if you need help with the Open Office method.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users