Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sound on HDMI Output to TV

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 swimmerfanx

swimmerfanx

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:19 PM

Hey all,

I have a problem with the HDMI output on my laptop. I've tried to research the problem and for the most part the answer is to set the default playback device to the HDMI output. I do this, and even when I click the 'Test' button, the bell rings through the speakers of the TV, along with other system noises like error popups. However, when I try to watch movies or listen to music there is no sound from the TV. I can even be playing a song, press the 'Test' button, and it rings just fine.... but no music. It's making me :flowers: and I need some help! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 leesid

leesid

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:12 AM

I solved this by going in to the sound options on my computer (which you can access in your control panel or right click bottom of desktop speaker) then set your sound default as HDMI. thats what i did worked a treat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users