Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Digital Voice Recorders

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JNW

JNW

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:11 PM

Can anyone recommend a digital voice recorder for a Macbook Pro? The models from Sony and Olympus say the are Mac compatible but only come with PC software. Will these work ok? I want to record some meetings and lectures and load them on to my Mac. I've heard of people using iTalk on their iPods and just using iTunes. Maybe this is easier?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,493 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:13 PM

Can you give me a link to the sony and Olympus, so that I can see if they will work or not. :blink:
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 JNW

JNW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2010 - 02:28 PM

Here are links for two of the models that I saw at two retail stores. Both sales guys said that they worked better with Windows than Mac OS. I can't see why if they record in MP3 format.

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/...sp?product=1517

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores...#specifications

Thanks

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,493 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2010 - 02:37 PM

Yes they will both work with mac, you just wont have the software that you can use on windows which is usually just a bunch of stuff you dont need anyway. :blink:
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#5 JNW

JNW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2010 - 02:41 PM

Great, thanks. Would there be any reason that I couldn't further transfer the files to my iPod as well?

#6 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,493 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:43 PM

Good question and you will be able to easily move them to your ipod just take the mp3 file and drag it into itunes then sync! :blink:
sigcomp.png 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users