Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

round and round

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 eros211

eros211

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:10 AM

As I'm starting my computer and it's booting up, right before it's there, it goes back and starts all over in an endless loop until I manually shut off the computer.

It's an old computer and I know I need a new one. But I would like to get on one more time to get all my info off of it. Because, like a fool, I didn't back up all my photos taken over the last 7 years.

Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,264 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:17 AM

You can remove the hard drive...attach it to a different system as a secondary drive or via USB...and move valued data files.

That will give you the safety to troubleshoot possible causes of your situation.

Louis

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,280 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:23 AM

Hi eros211, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

When it starts press F8 and hold it, a black screen will eventually load with options. Use the up and down keys to navigate to Safe Mode, and then click on Enter. When Safe Mode opens go to Start> right click on My Computer> Properties> Advanced> Startup and Recovery. Under startup and Recovery click on Settings, uncheck the box in Automatically restart under System failure.

When you restart your computer rather than it restarting now it should show an error message. Please post the exact error message here.

Would you please post the make and model of your computer?

If this is a desktop, when was the last time you cleaned out the inside of the case? Overheating can cause this to happen as well.

Edited by dc3, 25 August 2010 - 11:27 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users