Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista not booting CI.dll missing

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Halo2928

Halo2928

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:06 AM

Hey guys

Info:
compaq (hp) v6000Laptop ,drive(the old one with everything on it +vista home premium 32bit)
Main pc running win7 home prem 64bit

Well, i bought a new laptop hardrive so that i can transfer a backup of my old laptop hardrive. The old drive was working fine in my laptop and booted vista however it boots slowly. I then disconnected the drive and connected it to my pc via driect sata connection. It worked fine there and showed up as a hdd drive. I then ran acronis on my old drive to back up the whole thing however i encountered problems

It kept on giving errors that it couldent accsess some parts of the drive and ultimatle gave up. I then tried just to back up pics,music and video but then the same problem.

I then close down acronis however my old laptop drive couldnet be read by windows and i kept getting the option to reformat the drive

I then removed the drive and inserted it back to my laptop. Now here is the problem

I cannot boot into safe mode or anything. I ran the scan and repair in the msdos i thing to repair it but i kept on getting the error CI.dll is corrupt

I then tried to run chkdisk in the limited state and there were loads of bad clusters being repaired and canceled it at 93%

I then ran scan and repair however it sometimes reports that it cannot find any probs and sometimes it says "root cause" windoes booted up secsessfully. there is no mention about the previous ddl problem

I then went on my main pc(win 7 home premium 64 bit) and got the ci.dll of that and tried to install it on my laptop. still same problem

i then went online to find one and installed it but nothing

The hdd is a seagate 5400.2 and has windows vista home premium 32bit installed on it. I never created the oem disks from it

Now i put the old drive in my pc and it reads!, i want to know what i can do to fix this as it is in my computer atm. Is there a way i can run hp recovery disk creator thing?

I cannot lose data on the drive, its all schoolwork pics of baby brother and other valuable things + I spent 45 on the new drive and opened it so i cannot take it back so i cannot buy oem disks. Is there one online download?

all help is kindly appriciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users