Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows media player can't play DVDs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hakrim

Hakrim

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:28 AM

so a few nights ago I was watching a few episodes of a tv show on dvd. Right when I got to the end of the second episode on the disk, Windows Media Player froze or something. When I restarted the player and tried to play the third episode, I couldn't get any video to appear. I could here sound, but not video. I tried playing other dvds but the same thing happens. I can't jump around to different scenes on the list off to the right. I can't really do anything. So I was wondering if this could be a codec issue? It was working fine for me until it froze.

And this apparently is only happening to dvds. Other video files, avi mpeg, mpg they all are capable of playing fine. Its just these VOB files from dvds.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,698 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:14 PM

Maybe some codecs missing.
See, if VLC Player will work: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users