Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antimalware Doctor on wife's computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bleepedindeed

bleepedindeed

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:11 AM

So I have no idea of where it came from. I saw the other post, but the files he removed did not fix the problem. An XP machine, she uses AOL and has their version of McAfee Security Center. Upon bootup, the error meesagte was "error loading C:/windows/dmcmfmsp.dll The specified module could not be found." I got a meet locals popup when IE8 was opened, along with numerous reminder to activate AMD.
There used to be a tutorial here, what should I do to eradicate this malware? I am re-doing the scan she performed, but I was told McAfee could not quarantine the virus.
Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bleepedindeed

bleepedindeed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 27 August 2010 - 01:57 AM

FYI
I am reinstalling XP, because I could not run one of the programs you guys wanted to see a log for. It is the path of least resistance in this case. The malware chewed up all the available memory, and I ran out of patience.
Thanks for being here, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users