Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My movie hangs on 1 pic when saved as high quality (large)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 RhonB

RhonB

• Members
  • 729 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:08 PM

The audio goes on but it stays on 1 pic of the slideshow. Different pic everytime I tried....(and there were numerous tries), sometimes almost at the end....sigh

I can save it as (small) with no problem but it is too small can't really see the pics clearly....
any idea's why it won't save properly in large...or is there another setting I can try that will make it bigger?

Already tried DV AVI, it wouldn't save...and high quality NTSC...looked beautiful...but again...hung on one pic!!!

Please help....I'm on a deadline with this project... :thumbsup:

Edited by RhonB, 24 August 2010 - 11:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,378 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:48 AM

WMM supports the following filetypes:

Picture files: .bmp, .dib, .emf, .gif, .jfif, .jpe, .jpeg, .jpg, .png, .tif, .tiff, and .wmf

Are all your imported pictures in the same format? If not, make them so, or convert the lot
to another format (as it does not appear to relate to one specific picture)
and see if you still have the same problem with hanging.
---------------------------
Audio files: .aif, .aifc, .aiff .asf, .au, .mp2, .mp3, .mpa, .snd, .wav, and .wma

May even be worth converting your sound clip to another format and trying again.

Any Audio Converter Freeware (15MB download):

http://www.any-audio-converter.com/any-audio-converter.php

It also extracts audio from video files.

#3 RhonB

RhonB
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 729 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:17 PM

Hi there,

Thanks for your response....

All of my pics are either bmp or jpeg...mostly jpeg though. The audio files are all mp3...but I am not having trouble with the audio....the audio runs...the pics hang.......
But....why is it saving with no troubles in "high quality (small)" but not in "High quality (large)? Wouldn't that (small) be having a problem too if it had anything to do with my file formats? I am so confused, do not understand this...

Do you have a suggestion of another setting that will save the movie as large that I can try...maybe it will save properly? I am willing to try as many settings as I have to.....

thanks for any help.... :thumbsup:

#4 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,378 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:29 PM

Like Broni, I'm not a user of WMM - I have a commercial program, which does everything for me,
so I cannot recommend WMM settings, I'm sorry. Perhaps the WMM forum link in your other topic may help.

Whenever I have a problem, I just try everything, until it works.

We need input from regular users of WMM.

#5 RhonB

RhonB
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 729 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:01 PM

I knowwww...but it looks like there aren't too many of them here at bleeping...

I did post a topic at that forum...and another one too thats all about WMM...not getting any answers yet though....

But, that's a good idea...I will just try every one!! lol Keep your fingers crossed one of em works!!

Thanks

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,127 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:35 PM

If your system isn't capable of the more intense format...you might have problems. WMM is configured to output what the system best supports.

But...you should not use WMM for things like this...it's free but has limitations.

Go to Corel's website and sign up to download a trial version Corel Video Studio...you can use it free for at least a couple of weeks and see some of the differences between it and WMM.

WMM is fine for someone who doesn't mind the limitation of format and options...but I suggest taking some time to check out a few other options for dealing with video.

If you are going to be into slideshows...you may want to try something like Microsoft's Photo Story.

Louis

#7 RhonB

RhonB
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 729 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:29 PM

H Louis,

Thanks for the suggestions & I might try them another time....as for this project, it took me weeks to perfect it....just can't start all over again!!! Runnin' outta time! Ack!!

I don't know why my system wouldn't be able to take it...it's a pretty good system intel pentium dual CPU 2.00 Ghz, 2.00GB Ram....and I have tons of available disk space....and I try to take care of it...keeping it clean and such..

I guess I will just keep trying all the settings till one works.....aaaargh.... lol

#8 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,378 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:58 PM

Do you still have your High Quality small wmv and does it play correctly for you. (Post #24, orig topic).
What size is it, something like 320 x 240?

If so, may I suggest that you resize it with the free video converter and check to see if
the sound and images come out OK. You could try 640 x 480.

The converter is free and easy to use; you could convert your file to a larger wmv,
or MPEG 2, which would be my choice.

If it's any good, you can then go for the burning options.

This is part of my 'try everything' strategy. :thumbsup:

#9 RhonB

RhonB
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 729 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:05 PM

Yes I still have it and yes, it plays fine...it's only when I try the large that it doesn't save properly......

I am definately willing to try anything...well almost...lol .....

Do you have the link for the free video converter?
The one I have is Iwisoft free.....do you know that one?

I will try that and let you know...

#10 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,378 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:50 AM

See post #31 of your other Topic 'How can I burn vob file to DVD':

Any Video Converter (16MB download) freeware

http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

I have not used iWisoft's converter; but, whatever works for you!

#11 Miles_Gonzalez

Miles_Gonzalez

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 17 September 2018 - 07:42 AM

Sometimes if the format of an audio file is not supported, they may not be converted. In order to convert all kinds of audio files including DRM and non-DRM audio files, you can use the windows audio converter. Sincerely hope this software can help you get the job done. 

I actually have use it for a long time and it works just as I expected. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users