Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I know I am being hacked/hijacked

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Henrie Timmers

Henrie Timmers

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:35 PM

I am 'supposedly' sending out email to all kinds of people suggesting they click on a link to see the great deals on shoes or electronics and more. I've run every spyware, malware program I know and it still continues.
my domain is @sympatico.ca
Each email is different in the subject such as "you need to see this" or "I saw this and thought of you"
Most of my contact list is smart enough to ignore mail from me that has "Dear friend" in the body, or something similar, but this is getting tiring.
PLEASE! Help me put an end to the madness!

Thanks,
Henrie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:22 PM

Is there a webmail interface for your email account? Have you looked in the sent items folder on this webmail? Are these emails there?

It could also be someone else who is infected and your email is in their address book. It is common for spammers to read through an infected users address book and spam mails as people in it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users